Xiaomi Redmi 4A has finally been launched in India after months of speculation and the device is priced at Rs 5,999. Trust me, there is not even a single thing about these smartphone that is not likable and the kind of specification Xiaomi Redmi 4A is offering, all the competitors will be put to shame when compared with the newly launched handset.
Xiaomi Redmi 4A Specifications
- 5-inch HD (720×1280 pixels) IPS Display
- 1.4GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 SoC
- Adreno 308 GPU
- 2GB RAM and 16GB of inbuilt storage, expandable via microSD card (up to 128GB)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, 5-lens system, f/2.2 aperture and LED flash
- 5MP front sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system wrapped under MIUI 8
- 3120 mAh battery with fast charging support
- Hybrid Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth v4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and GPS/ A-GPS
- Accelerometer, ambient light, gyroscope, infrared and proximity sensor
Xiaomi Redmi 4A will be available from 23rd March at 12 pm and will be an Amazon India exclusive. The smartphone will be made available in three colour variants – Dark Gray, Gold and Rose Gold, and can also be purchased from Mi.com. The rose gold variant, however, will be available exclusively on Mi.com during the Mi Fan Festival on April 6th.
What We Don’t Like
- Polycarbonate body instead of an all metal one
- We would have appreciated Android 7.0 Nougat out-of-the-box.
What We Like
- Considering the Rs 5,999 price-tag, there is nothing about the Xiaomi Redmi 4A that is not liable, hell, this the best VFM smartphone. From the 13MP rear camera to 2GB of RAM, features like this in the most affordable category has been missing since the dawn of time.
- Another highlight if the Xiaomi Redmi 4A is the massive 3120 mAh battery with fast charging support and by far, this the best cell we have seen in this segment.
- 1.4GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 SoC coupled with Adreno 308 GPU, 2GB RAM and 16GB of inbuilt storage is one of the best performance packages we have ever seen. This will eliminate shutter speed and even reduced the lag while gaming to the lowest. As for graphics, Adreno 308 GPU was and is still the best chip in the budgeted category smartphones.
Should You Buy One?
If your budget is anywhere around Rs 5000-7000 and you are looking for a new companion, Xiaomi Redmi 4A should be your ultimate buy. There is nothing better than this currently available in the Indian market, period.