Motorola has unveiled Moto G5 Plus smartphone at an event in Delhi amid all the leaks and rumors, and what we definitely like what we see. The Moto G5 Plus has a price tag of Rs 14,999 for the 3GB RAM/16GB Internal Storage variant while the 4GB RAM/32GB variant is priced at Rs 16,999, both are Flipkart Exclusive.
Motorola has been on top of the budget smartphone game for so long now, that it seems almost inevitable this latest edition to the vast range of devices, the Moto G5 Plus, has everything to take over as the best budget-smartphones in the Indian market.
There have been many companies boasting of an all round package but the only one to deliver it has been Motorola. Be it the highly lit screen or the never-ceasing performance, Moto’s G series have given us some of the best smartphones that have bridged the gap between the budget and premium category. Moto G5 Plus is also nothing short of powerful and good looking device.
Moto G5 Plus Specifications
- 5.2-inch Full HD display (1080p / 424 ppi), Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core SoC clocked at 2.0 GHz, 650 MHz Adreno 506 GPU
- 3/4GB RAM, 16/32GB internal storage, MicroSD card expansion up to 128GB
- Android Nougat 7.0
- 4G LTE, VoLTE, NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11/b/g/n, dual-SIM, Bluetooth 4.2, and a GPS chip
- Fingerprint reader
- 3000mAh battery, quick-charging, 6 hours of battery life with a 15-minute charge.
- 12MP rear f/1.7 lens, dual-LED flash, Dual-Pixel technology and supports 4k Videos
- 5MP front wide-angle camera
What’s Good in Moto G5 Plus?
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core SoC which also powers the Moto Z is one of the best processors at this range
- The 3000mAh cell supported quick-charging and the processor will deliver insane battery backup
- Moto G5 Plus flaunts a 12MP rear f/1.7 lens having dual-LED flash, Dual-Pixel technology, and the sensor is the same unit as found in Samsung Galaxy S7. This is the most advanced camera offered by Motorola at this price range.
- As always, there hasn’t been a single competitor to beat Moto’s G series when it comes to Display quality and Moto G5 Plus is no exception.
- A full-metal build, considering the price-tag, is one feature that no competitor can beat Moto G5 Plus at.
- You can simply enable a setting and use a series of swipe gestures on the fingerprint scanner to move through the interface.
- Pre-Installed Google Assistant
- Moto Actions like the wrist-flick to launch the camera and the karate chop gesture to launch the flashlight.
However, Motorola has struggled to completely eliminate the one problem from this series of smartphones i.e. the devices tend to heat up excessively after regressive usage, but company officials have said that the problem has been taken care of and initial tests have also reflected the screen temperature being around 38-degree celsius.
Competition and Verdict
Moto G5 Plus now stands in direct competition with a smartphone that has taken the Indian market by storm and also becoming the fastest ever to reach the 1 million mark in units being sold. Yes, you got it right, it’s the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
Redmi Note 4’s 4GB/64GB variant, being priced at Rs 12,999, is still the best Value For Money device in India but for those looking for its substitute with better multimedia experience and more premium looks, Moto G5 Plus should be their ultimate buy.
P.S For all those Motorola fans out there, ‘This is the best you can get’.