How many times have you been at the office, trying to concentrate on your work, while completely ignoring any kind of small talks with your colleagues, and just feel that hunger kick in? For me, this happens on a daily basis.
In these particular moments, you and I both tend to go for the most obvious thing and that is, some kind of chips or biscuits or chocolate or any other kind of junk.
As much as we hate it, we just can’t control ourselves. How can someone keep their hunger in control? However, the problem doesn’t lie in your hunger quotient, but rather on the choice of food you go for, in times like these.
So, we thought of listing out a bunch of low-fat snacks that are perfect substitutes for your junk snacks. With these, you can shoo away your hunger pangs and won’t be ashamed of it.
1. Instead of ice cream, go for yoghurt.
You can add fruits to your bowl of yoghurt and trust me, you would never crave ice-cream again.
2. Replace chocolate bar for a protein bar.
Always a great option. A protein bar fills you up and gives you all the desired energy that your body craves for.
3. Hard boiled eggs are always a much healthier alternative to bread omelettes.
A great substitution for all those egg lovers.
4. Instead of a dessert, try having an apple with peanut butter.
You’ll get an apt amount of fruit and protein intake with this combo, without feeling the regret of having a dessert.
5. Ditch those fried snacks for roasted chickpeas.
Not just for your afternoon munch. This replacement works great for your chakna too.
6. Substitute your potato chips for a healthy banana or spinach chips, they do taste pretty good.
Substituting your favourite chips for the next best thing.
7. Instead of candy, have dried fruits like mango, kiwi, banana, and apricot.
They are much tastier and delicious than any of your favourite candy.
8. Rather than having soft drinks, try getting yourself a protein shake with a piece of fruit.
A whole fruit is always the best bet you can root for.
9. Replace those nachos with salsa for carrots or cucumbers with a low-fat dip.
Dip with carrots and cucumbers, one of the best combinations.
10. Dark chocolate is always a much better option than your regular chocolate.
A fact many swear by.
These small replacements would thank you in the long run. Along with that, they would also save your from that post-afternoon slump and keep you feeling energized.