Itel PowerPro P41 has been launched in India at Rs 5999 and for those who didn’t even know about the brand’s existence, it is part of Chinese mobile manufacturer Transsion Holdings and has been trying really hard to make its mark in the budgeted segment, where companies like Xiaomi and Lenovo rule.
Itel PowerPro P41 Specifications
- Uni-Metal Frame
- 5-inch (480 x 854) WVGA IPS display offering 196 ppi
- 1.3 GHz Quad Core Processor
- 1GB RAM and 8GB of internal memory, expandable up to 32GB via microSD
- Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box
- 5MP Rear Camera with PADF and dual-LED flash
- 2MP front camera with fixed focus
- No fingerprint scanner
- Dual Sim
- 5000mAh non-removable memory
- 4G VoLTE, OTG, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, and GPS support
- Colour Options: Graphite, Silver Grey, and Champagne
As mentioned above, the Itel PowerPro P41 doesn’t come with anything special other than a 5000mAh cell and Android Nougat out of the box. To compete in this merciless segment against the likes of Xiaomi Redmi 4A, Moto C Plus, Infocus Turbo 5 and even the Swipe Elite Plus, Itel PowerPro P41 should have offered way more than it does as of now.
Itel PowerPro P41 feels like a complete dud when compared to the competition in Indian market and seems like Transsion Holdings has launched another smartphone, just for the heck of it rather completely understanding the right recipe for success in this segment.
However, there is always another side of the coin. Previous offerings from Itel like Wish A41, Wish A21 as well as the Wish A41+ smartphone performed rather well and acquired ‘more than expected’ sales figures. When it comes to learning for failures, the company seems to be a good learner and we might see some big launches from them in the future. However, after the launch of Itel PowerPro P41, they should be quick, because it looks like they have a lot to learn.