The Coolpad Note 5 Lite is the next iteration of the popular Note 5 series of smartphones and the Lite version comes with 3GB of RAM, quad-core MediaTek MT6745 processor and a camera that can give every other competitor a run for their money.
But the current market wants everything in a single price and customers don’t give a damn if you have to suffer losses for their good and since companies like Xiaomi, Oppo, Lenovo and even Vivo have managed to deliver the expected, Coolpad Note 5 Lite has a lot of work to do.
When the non-lite Coolpad Note 5 was launched last year, the company managed to ticked all the right boxes like an exceptional battery, above par performance and a sturdy metal built which even made Note 5 look more premium than its competition.
However, when it came to camera and display quality, it tasted dust and given the fact like Redmi 3S Prime and Lenovo Vibe K5 Note were doing just fine by then, Coolpad Note 5 never tasted the success it expected.
However, Coolpad has managed to create a space for itself in the ever so competitive Indian smartphone market, all thanks to its budget offerings and Note 5 Lite looks promising and capable of going up the sales charts.
Coolpad Note 5 Lite Specifications
- 5-inch HD (720×1280 pixels) 2.5D curved glass IPS display with 294ppi and 70.6 percent screen-to-body ratio
- 64 bit 1GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735CP SoC coupled with Mali 720 GPU
- 3GB of RAM, 16GB Internal Memory, expandable up to 64GB
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with company’s Cool UI 8.0 on top
- 13-megapixel rear camera with dual-LED flash
- 8-megapixel front camera with LED flash
- 2500mAh battery with standby time of 200 hours.
- Fingerprint sensor on the back panel, 4G LTE, 3G/HSPA+, EDGE/GPRS, Wi-FI, Bluetooth v4.0, OTG, dual SIM, Micro USB port and a 3.5 mm audio jack.
- Measures 145.3 x 72.3 x 8.7mm and weighs 148 grams.
- 5-inch HD (720×1280 pixels) 2.5D curved glass IPS display offers good viewing angles and visibility in direct sunlight.
- The 8-megapixel front camera with LED flash is undoubtedly one of the best offerings at this price tag
- The study and confidence inspiring built hasn’t been compromised with
- The combination of 3GB RAM and MediaTek MT6735CP SoC delivers above par performance.
What’s not so good
- Coolpad Note 5 Lite should have been offered with at least a 3000mAh battery
- No Android 7.0 Nougat
- 32GB of internal memory could have done wonders for Coolpad Note 5 Lite
- MediaTek SoC instead of Qualcomm Snapdragon
With the price tag of Rs 8,199, Coolpad Note 5 Lite has everything that non-performance users expect with their smartphone and the 8MP front camera is also something that has never been seen in this category.
However, when it comes to Value for money smartphones, Coolpad Note 5 Lite still struggles to shine in front of Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus and Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime. Both of these smartphones especially the Redmi offering the perfect combination of multimedia and never-tiring hardware.
That being said, Coolpad Note 5 Lite is a valiant effort and for light users, this is one of the best smartphone available in the Indian market.