“Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na” had released exactly 9 years ago and somehow, the entire playlist from the movie is still relevant and can instantly get you in the mood to requite old and meaning friendships.
2008 was a great time, I was in school with some of the great friends that one can ever wish to get. At the same time, Aamir Khan production came out with one of the best films of the year. “Jaane Tu Ya Jaane” Na was special for many reasons. First, Imran Khan entered Bollywood and even though he became pretty irrelevant very soon, it was a great film to make your entry with. Second, Genelia D’Souza delivered one of the finest performances of her entire career. Third, the movie had one of the best playlists till now, every song in the film is truly a gem and why wouldn’t it be? The great A.R. Rahman was the man behind it. Fourth, the plot of the film was something that almost everyone can relate to. And, that was, the sheer confusion one has after college ends. It is the dilemma that brings people together and bonds them into a relationship that lasts forever, the same happened with Aditi and Jai.
As “Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na” completes 9 years, we thought of compiling the best of songs from the film that is simply surreal and still relevant in different moments of life.
1. Kabhi Kabhi Aditi
- The song that became the testimony of every Aditi on this planet.
2. Kahin Toh Hogi Woh
- The surreality of this single track can simply not be explained, it needs to be felt.
3. Nazrein Milaana Nazrein Churaana
- The song which turned into being one of the best road trip songs in Bollywood.
4. Pappu Can’t Dance
- The song that became an instant party started and still is.
5. Tu Bole Mein Bolun
- Sung by the Legendary AR Rahman, this was simply one of the best feel-good songs from mainstream Bollywood.
6. Jaane Tu Mera Kya Hai
- Definitely not in any sense, was this a feel-good song, actually it was quite an opposite of that very kind, however, it was still one of the best post-breakup songs.
Each and every one of these six tracks had something different and beautiful to offer. In case, you would like to listen to all of them on repeat, then here’a jukebox for you for the next best melodious 35 minutes.
4th July 2017